Live from Camden Yards: No fans game!

Tony-OH

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Driving to the game today on this beautiful Baltimore afternoon, you would have had no idea that anything was out of the ordinary. When I arrived at the stadium there was no police presence, no National Guard, no nothing. In fact, besides seeing no fans walking into the stadium, the only strange thing was the amazing amount of press.

There is more press in the press box today then opening day.

Driving to the game today on this beautiful Baltimore afternoon, you would have had no idea that anything was out of the ordinary. When I arrived at the stadium there was no police presence, no National Guard, no nothing. In fact, besides seeing no fans walking into the stadium, the only strange thing was the amazing amount of press.

There is more press in the press box today then opening day.

Did you see the press from China Daily?

The only "fan" presence here are a small group of fans watching somehow from outside the gate in left-center. They've been cheering and yeling "Go Jimmy!" like they were the parents at a Little League game. They've even broke into a O-R-I-O-L-E-S and "Let's go O's" chants that gave the press a chuckle. They can definitely be heard.

Oh, and the folks on the balconies at the Hilton are also out here.

1-0 O's on an Adam Jones sac fly.

The only "fan" presence here are a small group of fans watching somehow from outside the gate in left-center. They've been cheering and yeling "Go Jimmy!" like they were the parents at a Little League game. They've even broke into a O-R-I-O-L-E-S and "Let's go O's" chants that gave the press a chuckle. They can definitely be heard.

Oh, and the folks on the balconies at the Hilton are also out here.

1-0 O's on an Adam Jones sac fly.

And yet still more fans than at a Rays game!

Lots of sirens going on around the stadium. Not sure what's up but they've been pretty consistent.

Doesn't look like Samardzija likes throwing with no one around:

5-0's in the first inning after three run bomb by Chris Davis and back to back doubles by Machado and Cabrera.

Make that 6-0, after a Caleb Joseph bloop RBI single.

Crowd in left-center getting louder and louder.

Archived